DARK OCEAN TATTOO AFTERCARE
We use two types of bandages. Which you receive depends on your skin sensitivity levels.
If you have the blue or black bandage:
1. Remove bandage after 3-5 hours. If it sticks to your skin, wet bandage with warm water, please do not rip it off.
2. Wash hands with hot water and unscented pump soap. Lather your hands and gently clean the tattoo in circles until it no longer feels slimy from plasma.
3. Pat dry with a clean paper towel, or let fully air dry.
4. For the first 2 days, wash your tattoo once a day following instructions 1 & 2 above.
5. At day 3, the tattoo will most likely feel dry and itchy, and start flaking. This is normal. Use a small dollop of your unscented pump moisturizer 2-3x a day. If your tattoo is very itchy, avoid scratching by applying a small amount of lotion to the tattoo with clean hands. When you scratch you pull off scabs, which pulls out colour.
***Try to keep your tattoo clean and dry. Avoid soaking it in the shower.
If you have the Saniderm bandage (clear adhesive bandage)
-It is waterproof and breathable, so you can shower with it on
-Your tattoo will look “gooey”and “smeary” underneath this bandage. This is normal, because your blood plasma and excess ink are contained.
1. After 3-5 days, peel off the bandage. It is easiest to do in the shower by lifting a corner, letting water underneath, and pulling it off.
2. Follow aftercare instruction #5 above.
- If you notice an obnoxious, red, or raised outline around the Saniderm bandage, TAKE IT OFF. This can be a reaction that can leave temporary welts at the raised spots.
Do not soak/submerge your tattoo in water for the first 2 weeks. No direct sunlight, no tanning, no hot yoga and no vigorous exercise for two weeks.
Wear loose clothing to avoid rubbing and irritation of the tattoo until it's healed.
Do not re-bandage.
Always use clean hands to wash or moisturize the tattoo.
In the rare case that an infection does occur cease aftercare, call us, and consult a physician.